Sunday, March 22, 2009

Welcome to My Blog - Moving Beyond My Comfort Zone Now!

You know that feeling you get when you're doing something outside of your comfort zone?

That's me right now. I've never done a blog before. So I want to welcome you to this place where I will share my successes, my fears, and the tools I have employed over the past 20 years for both myself and many, many others facing transition and challenges in their careers, businesses and lives.

I'm all about becoming Fired Up...embracing the energy of success and prosperity. Passion and fire are the most powerful forces in the Universe and are the creative source of all things.
We'll explore where your fire comes from, how to nurture and ignite it, and how to keep the flame from burning out.

Beyond self discovery and positive thinking, there is action. I believe that success requires us all to stretch beyond our comfort zones regularly. My guideline is that you need to be working "about 1 inch outside of the comfort zone." That means taking calculated, consistent small risks.

If you're feeling blocked or stuck, or bored, you're probably not taking enough risk. You're trying to stay safe. That's why one of the tools I believe in is Masterminding. The way we employ it in my coaching is really a combination of group coaching and networking. It helps to keep you focused on working very small and consistently - and to become accountable for those small actions. Whatever ways work for you, set small goals, take them regularly and become accountable to someone.

Oh, by the way, that's how this got done. My dear friend Rita helped me set this up, and then gently sent e-mails and hounded me on Facebook until I did this. My fondest wish for you is that you find a good "hounder"in your life. More later....

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Thank you Mary Lyn. You have been "hounding" me for years and I am very grateful.

    Thank you for this post as I needed to hear what you had to say today.
    Rita Gazzaniga

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you think!